How to Use Your Family Timeline
Your timeline captures your family’s life events in chronological order. It’s where you keep
records of the big stories- births, deaths, weddings, birthdays, bar/bat mitzvahs, graduations, holidays, and special occasions. You can add multiple pieces of media under
one story, and family members can add any content they have from that moment as well.
For example, if you put the story of your wedding on the timeline, family members who took video or photos at the wedding can add those to the story you started and now they’re all in one place. This makes it easy to organize and find these items later on without having to dig, scroll, or remember where they were saved. They’re safe, accessible and private.
How To Add To Your Timeline
Timeline Best Practices
- Add events, stories, video, photos, documents that you feel are important to your life story or your family’s story.
- Use the timeline for life events, not the everyday stuff like the restaurant you ate at tonight.
- Add content to an existing event to bring more dimension to the family memory.
- Scan and upload photos so they are safe and available for everyone to view.
- Ask family members to identify people or places and events in photos, videos or documents that you can’t remember.